Jindra Vlcek ( September 5, 1885 in Mala Skalice near Ceska Skalice - March 22, 1968 in Hradec Kralove ) painter and legionnaire
He studied at the Ceramics School in Teplice, under F. Myrbach-Theinfeld at the School of Applied Arts in Vienna and at the Academy in Prague under Hanus Schwaiger 1905 - 1906. From 1906 - 1908 he lived in the USA. He returned home. During the First World War he was drafted and later fought in the legions. He devoted himself to figurative painting and landscape painting. Since 1925 he painted mainly scenes from his stay in the legions. He created a series of posters, author of several series of stamps and also engaged in free graphics. In 1945 he painted in Terezin, later captured the construction of industrial plants in the Ostrava and Most regions and also agricultural motives. He is represented in the collections of the City Gallery Prague, the Gallery of Modern Art in Hradec Králove, the West Bohemian Gallery in Pilsen and the Moravian Gallery in Brno. He exhibited independently in Prague 1928 and 1932, in Pilsen 1931, later mostly in Hradec Kralove and Litvinov.