Max Svabinsky ( September 17, 1873 in Kromeriz - February 10, 1962 in Prague ) painter, draftsman, graphic artist and pedagogue
He studied at the Academy of Fine Arts in Prague with prof. Pirner, Marak, in the years 1891-1896. In 1910 he was appointed professor at the Academy of Arts in Prague in the specialty for graphic arts and painting. Here he worked as the head of the graphic special 1910 - 1928, rector 1916 - 1920, 1924 - 1926, 1933 - 1935, head of the figural painting department 1926 - 1939. He dealt with chamber and monumental painting, figural motifs and portraits, drawing, used and free graphics predominated. , poster and stamp creation, mosaic, stained glass designs, realizations for architecture, illustrated a number of publications. The main content of his work is a graphic work, culminating in woodcuts from the period 1900 - 1920 and lithographs from 1923 - 1933. The paintings include significant symbolist paintings around 1900 and monumental genre paintings. He was a member and chairman of the Association of Fine Artists Manes, member and chairman of the Association of Artists of the Czech Academy of Sciences and Arts, founding member of the Association of Czech Graphic Artists Hollar, member of the Societe Nationale des Beaux Arts in Paris, knight of the French Legion of Honor, honorary member of the Union of Fine Artists , Ales Club of Fine Artists in Brno (Group of Fine Artists in Brno). His works are in the collections of the National Gallery, many state and private collections at home and abroad. He has been exhibiting independently since 1917 and collectively since 1891.